Peer Ledger Inc. is a start-up company, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, looking for two skilled software engineer/devops experts to join our team to deliver on its vision for new blockchain-based business and compliance applications, and a suite of identity management products for blockchain applications.
Reference #: 002
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work in an open and transparent manner
- Formally trained in software engineering, project management, theory of computation and security.
- Previous hands-on software engineering experience working with cryptographic solutions, API-based applications, Amazon AWS, blockchain software products on Linux-based, Windows, and Mac OSes.
- Full command of HyperLedger, Go, Node.js, AngularJS, MeteorJS, ExpressJS, CakePHP, Laravel, JQuery, Ruby on Rails, SQL Server, and Continuous Integration/ Deployment based workflows.
- Expertise in DevOps: Virtualization and Containerization, Server Management, Amazon AWS Services, Docker, Deployment Management and Scripting, Jenkins, Gulp, Grunt, and npm.
- Quality Assurance and Systems Integration expertise and experience
- Proven ability to self-direct
- Be willing to travel to client sites as required
In this role, you will work directly with a team of business and systems analysts, security specialists, and other blockchain software engineers, and in some cases clients, to deliver new software. Your primary functions will be in blockchain software development, devops, testing, and quality assurance where you will ensure that the right work is getting done effectively and efficiently. You will be expected to coordinate with other stakeholders in defining and managing the scope of projects and sprint priorities from requirements gathering through to successful implementation.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science.
- 3+ years as a software developer in industry preferably with experience working with blockchain applications
- Proven track record in successfully executing software projects throughout the complete project lifecycle
- Willingness to locate in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Strong business/systems analysis skills and a solid understanding of business services concepts & solutions
- Strong interpersonal & people leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, agile development, and devops
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to interact at all levels with customers and vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title. Job offers will be made depending on available funding.